Tuesday, January 1, 2013

NEW YEAR - CONFESSION and RESOLUTION

Let me confess now that, in the last 28 years of my life, I have 'insulted' many people in one or the other way, just because it was a GIRL at the receiving end. And I am pretty sure that, this confession does not, in any manner , ensure that I wont repeat my mistake in future. It is largely attributed to the fact that, my attitude towards any Girl, or any human being for that matter of fact, has been evolved over long 28 years, fed and nourished by what I have seen and heard around me, the society I have been raised by.

Before they taught me the lessons of respecting God and my Religion, they should have taught me the basics of respecting a GIRL.

When I posted this on face book, the first comment by one of my female friend was this : But did they teach u to disrespect a girl? And wat happened to the 'common sense' that we claim we have... ;-)

Girl, My reply is - Yes, they(My society) have, in every single step of my life! 

It would be a bit contradicting if I say that- In fact , No religion preaches to disrespect girls. But I don't need a SINGLE HOLY BOOK to tell me  that. It should be my society feeding me such virtues. And, the society should be driven by many books ( both Holy and Unholy ), rational to judge good and the bad based on facts, and NOT by the mis-interpretation of any SINGLE book which has been evolved,diluted and tailored over centuries to distribute propaganda for its own growth. 

Year 2013 started with a resolution. Even though we ( my wife Asha and our friends - Sudhir, Prabhath and Arunkumar) were a bit high on booze, I meant it when I said - I will give respect to my fellow beings, GIRLS - More!

R.I.P Nirbhaya!

2 comments:

  1. "Before they taught me the lessons of respecting God and my Religion, they should have taught me the basics of respecting a GIRL."

    This world would have been a lot better!

    ReplyDelete